The Insurance Tycoon 2000 Development Blog is up and Running!

Setting up this blog took an inordinate amount of time…it’s not so easy like Wordpress or other tools. I’m using Jekyll. At first I wanted to use the Hyde theme but I was unable to get it to display, and found out that even setting up the vanilla layout for this project page would require me to learn a lot more than anticipated.

First, I had to create a project branch called gh-pages. Second, I copied over the Jekyll repo contents to the new branch. Third, I needed to change the baseurl to point to the project page and not my user page. Of course, I didn’t know that I needed to do any of these things ahead of time, so figuring out that I needed to involved a lot of googling, and trial and error. Now that I’ve got some kind of servicable blog up and running, I’ll leave it at that. I’d like to change the layout later, but I’d rather learn more about web development so I can work on Insurance Tycoon itself rather than on the blog that documents the development process.

Written on August 26, 2018